If your student is interested in receiving financial aid for the 2013-2014 academic year, the time to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is here. Gonzaga’s priority date is February 1st. Completing the 2013-14 FAFSA by this date ensures your student will receive the best award possible. The FAFSA is intended to be completed based off estimates so there is no need to have your tax return completed to submit the FAFSA. Visit www.FAFSA.ed.gov to apply.
Here are some FAFSA Filing suggestions for you:
- Many organizations have February 1st deadlines causing an influx of online traffic, especially as the date draws nearer.
- Save your work as you go, increased website traffic can result in technical difficulties.
Estimate your income.
- After your taxes have been filed, it’s easy to update the FAFSA with the tax transfer process.
File for Free.
- Use the government website www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Avoid other websites that charge a fee.
If you or your student have any questions or need assistance filing the FAFSA, please contact the Financial Aid Office. We can be reached by phone, at 1-800-793-1716, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in College Hall 129.
Wishing you and your family a happy new year and stress-free FAFSA filing!
The Financial Aid Office