By: Kelly Wentz, Financial Aid
Summer is filled with busy activities, but it is important to remember that this is when we communicate with you the most regarding your financial aid and student account! It is important that your student continually check their ZagMail account for important updates from our offices. Here are a few items to keep on your radar through the summer:
Financial Aid Office
- Students should accept their 2016-17 financial aid award offers, if they have not done so already on Zagweb (GU’s online student portal)
- Remind students to respond to requests for missing information
- Students need to complete any “Unsatisfied Disbursement Requirements” listed on Zagweb
- Students who are accepting loans need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note on www.studentloans.gov
- Students should report any outside scholarships in the “Resources/Additional Information” section of Zagweb
- If you have not done so already, we highly encourage you to complete the IRS Data Transfer, linking your tax information and your student’s tax information to FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. While not a requirement, this step will be beneficial for changes that are coming for the 2017-2018 school year.
Office of Student Accounts
- If you would like to set up an 8-month Payment Plan, the application deadline is August 1st. More information is available on the website: Payment Plans
- If you are planning to pay the fall semester balance in full, the payment deadline is August 5th.
- The deadline for your student to submit an ID photo for their ZAGCARD is August 16th.
More information is available on the website: Submit Your ZAGCARD Photo
If you have questions for the Financial Aid Office, please contact (800) 793-1716 or email@example.com. If you have questions for the Office of Student Accounts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 440-5392.