Our Blog

pn-essay-photo

By: Abigail Bordewick

It is hard to believe that the sun is quickly setting on our study abroad experience. Before embarking on this adventure, several people told me time would fly by, but no one warned me that three months would actually feel like three minutes.

Traveling to a new city in a new country is an intimidating journey, but one that has repeatedly proven itself to be worth it. Florence has become so much more than just a city; it is more than the cobblestone streets, the Duomo and Michelangelo’s David. Florence is lifelong friendships, it is discovering yourself, it is shattering comfort zones, it is endless adventure. Florence is home.

While it is impossible to find the words to describe this semester, there is one feeling that I think captures it best. This feeling first hit me as the salty air swept across my skin while boating along the Amalfi Coast and continued to strike me countless times throughout the semester. It was a rush of immeasurable happiness, one of those moments that you never want to end. One of those moments where have to remind yourself that this is real life. This reoccurring feeling never failed to plaster a smile on my face and made me realize how fortunate I was to be exploring so many breathtaking places with my best friends.

Study abroad is full of big cities and big adventure, but I am especially thankful for all the little moments that made this experience so meaningful. From sharing a bowl of pasta and laughter at pensione lunches to getting lost in search of gelato and using the Duomo to guide us home, each day brought a new sense of excitement. Grazie Firenze for the semester of a lifetime and memories I will treasure forever!