By: University Ministry

Bulldog Athlete Ministry (BAM) is a welcoming community that helps GU athletes explore the Christian faith, personal identity, and spiritual development.  This year, BAM has taken off.  We have had a consistent group of about 40 athletes meeting weekly to share in life, faith, and conversation. 

Here are some reflections from students on their experience of BAM:

“BAM has made an enormous impact in my life this past year. I have created friendships with athletes I am not sure I ever would’ve met if it hadn’t been for BAM. Along with that, I have strengthened relationships with my own teammates. Being a Division 1 athlete can be overwhelming at times, and having a core group of peers who have similar goals and values in life has allowed me to grow in not only spiritually but also in my sport. BAM is a place where we are able to step off the field, court, water, etc., and strengthen our relationship with God, grow together, and pray for each other. I am beyond blessed to be a part of such an amazing community of incredible young men and women who support me in my faith journey and in my sport.” -Tia Beck, Women’s Soccer

“Heading into my first semester at GU, I was looking for a community of athletes who understand what it means to be a follower of Christ and an athlete at the same time, and the challenges that we carry being both. When I was introduced to BAM, I felt at home right away. I look forward to Monday’s every week, simply because of the people I meet through BAM. I’ve loved every part of it, and look forward to more good times in the future.”  -Corey Kispert, Men’s Basketball

“BAM has given me a space to grow in my faith with people I can easily relate to. Everyone there understands the struggles of balancing school and athletics, while still trying to understand faith and how it can be incorporated into both. BAM has also created a small community within athletics. I have had the opportunity to meet people that I would not have crossed paths with if we didn’t join together on Monday nights.” –Emma Wolfram, Women’s Basketball

“BAM is the perfect place to bring all aspects of life together for a student athlete at Gonzaga- faith, friends, and athletics.”—Garrett Wilson, Men’s Soccer 

For more information on BAM, contact Rev. Janeen Steer at steerj@gonzaga.edu.