Gonzaga has a website dedicated to reporting sexual harassment and assault at www.gonzaga.edu/titleix.
At Gonzaga, students are encouraged to report any sexual harassment or assault immediately. If you have been sexually assaulted, you can call the police at 911 or Campus Security at 509.313.2222. You can also contact Gonzaga’s Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) at 509.313.2222 requesting SART. SART First Responders are university staff and faculty who volunteer to help with immediate, short-term needs. You also can talk to any member of the staff, faculty, or administration. As specified in Gonzaga policies, these members of the university will be required to report the harassment or assault to the Title IX Coordinator.
Should you want to report to a confidential source you may do the following:
1. Fill out the confidential reporting form. You can also use this as a non-confidential report.
2. Contact the Gonzaga Health Center | 509.313.4052 | 704 E Sharp Avenue
3. Contact any priest serving as a sacramental confessor or any ordained religious leader serving in the sacred confidence role. | 509.313.4242
4. Contact Lutheran Community Services and SAFeT | 509.624.RAPE. Starting the first week of September, there will be a Lutheran Community Services advocate on campus for 20 hours per week.
5. Contact SART at 509.313.2222 requesting SART
From the university website: Gonzaga University encourages all individuals to report any instance of sexual harassment involving any GU student, staff or faculty. Gonzaga is committed to fostering a safe community for all.
For inquiries or concerns about gender-based harassment, discrimination or sexual misconduct or the complaint process at Gonzaga, contact Stephanie N. Whaley, Title IX Coordinator, Business Services Center, 102 E. Boone Avenue or 509.313.6910, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gonzaga.edu/sexualmisconduct.
Comments feed for this article
Trackback link: https://blogs.gonzaga.edu/takingcareofbusiness/2015/08/19/reporting-sexual-harassment-and-assault/trackback/